Plate of fish dating
As expansion also needed a greater workforce, the number of workers also slowly increased.By 1816 the factory already had about 70 workers, further increasing to about 80 in 1818.That meant that from 1757 onwards, the owners had the typical financial problems just like any other small handicraft or trade, resulting in quite a few owners and leaseholders over the time until the year 1805. During February 1805, the upper Poppelsdorf mill was bought and the production facility received an additional large kiln, a medium kiln for different uses in between processing steps and a large wheel-throwing room.During 1809 the lower Poppelsdorf mill was also purchased.During this time the business also received an own railway connection.
This is followed by a complete rebuild and expansion through an additional level of the factory side to the Rhine river which was part of the application from October 1st 1895, also including a crane for raw materials and goods.Quite a lot of was responsible for the modernisation and had a larger steam engine installed which allowed the whole factory to utilize electricity (three-phase current only).All wooden floors had to be replaced by reinforced concrete floors to be able to cope with the much larger weight of the molds and machinery.The word 'Royal' and the year '1755' was added to the company mark in 1890 and used until the company was sold to , had already issued an official leaflet on July 30th 1880, clearly informing customers and 'all that it may concern' about the status and facts regarding the original factory.Not only in the eyes of the and his company absolutely ridiculous.
As shown in an official business report to the mayor of Bonn, the company had only a workforce of 18 people left before December 26th 1838.